Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Saturday 19 February 2011

where there's smoke there's obvara...

 a lil smokin action from today's raku firing....quite the blast of a day shared with my studio pals...enjoy





When I was little I spent quite a lot of time at home due to illness...I prob read every book in the house and the library and started drawing on books and on whatever had been given to experiment on I had charcoals, pencils, watercolours and all manner of thing to draw with... I do remember drawing portraits of Burke and Wills 2 Aussie explorers that perished in the bush and a striking watercolour painting of red and green capsicum in isolation that hung around our house for years....well eventually the tonsils and adenoids were extracted and I went back to school...and the rest is history..
I did art at every level in school and went straight to art college ....a good thing a I had no idea what I wanted to do....my first year I had Kingsley Marks as my Lecturer in clay as my Liberal Study and he was the best really...It is in that subject i was inspired by clay as a medium but unconvinced I could make a living out of it I moved into design, a good choice for me.....and there you have stylin tip #4 be inspired... absorb....and regurgitate your hearts desire

8 comments:

  1. Good one ANG!
    You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm jealous -I LOVE Raku and your work looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey meredith can you smell the obvara from there??? ....I was going to say just stick ya nose in a jar of vegemite but you prob don't have any of that eh?? ;))

    howdy cindy you'd love this stuff such a cool process!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great day, love the penguins and the sound affects, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ang, always nice to see people doing raku... fire is good. regurgitation, indeed... how else would we progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ali it was great, rain, sun, heat & smoke!!!! arent the penguins cute...

    howdy jim....yeh good fire, that obvara smells like regurgitation!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I miss raku!! Sounds like fun!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey connie did another load last night, you must do some it's great fun and these lil kilns we made are just so quick!!

    ReplyDelete