Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Saturday 1 January 2011

more of this...


more of this because i can't stop looking at these pots 
( and because photoshop is so much fun!!!)
 and I really can't wait to get into the next firing but i will have to wait as 2 days and all the shops are closed and i'm not sure if i have enough gas to fire another load... bummer

so the new year is here and I really cant believe how much was packed into last year!! it's incredible really.
A massive highlight was the journey towards and after the Clay and Blogs show thanks so much Meredith for everything I can't possibly imagine the conversations across last year involving the show... you are a trouper!!! It was a grant application hard worked for that I didn't get but learned a huge amount from, a goal to produce a new body of work which I'm so happy with... I used some skills picked up at Dougs place oooh lovely slip! combining printmaking elements which i also love and was my major for a short time at college... I now have a challenge of finding the right galleries for this new work and I'm going to enjoy taking it around to them... It was a bigger than could ever be imagined project..

Ooh and festival time is coming up again! Bring on the Fringe 2011....

And who can forget the massive 2 table mosaic project...

My new Wood Fired Raku kiln now doubling as my test kiln...

My ab fav shino glaze...

Big Mumma the club gas kiln cranking again after a 6 year break...

Thanks again to all the peeps that came out to my Open Studio sale...

and so much more in between it was a year of trials and burns with firings and this year well who knows.... some 'new' studio equipment and all the usual enthusiasm to get into it.... 'ello ello 2011'

5 comments:

  1. You have been a fantastic partner this year. If this were a class room setting, I'd sit next to you so I could cheat!
    I'd love to show you my smile!
    Cheers-

    ReplyDelete
  2. zyg you on the turps mate?! anyhoo happy new year :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year and what a year 2010 was- the show would not have come off without you and all those wonderful potters.
    Growth- goodness it has been amazing to watch where folks are taking their work.
    Potters- adventure is in their blood.
    It was a treat for me to see your work in person and I hope one day to visit with you as I have done others.
    Happy New Year!
    We look forward to 2011 and what is next.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey meredith oooh yeh whats next?? happy new year and hope to see you soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a year you've had!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete