Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Thursday 26 June 2008

Chilli the food kind

Here it be my chilli recipe, after sharing lunch today Anna requested my chilli recipe its more taste and see how things are blending than an exact recipe and depending on what's in the fridge or growing in the garden...it makes a monster pot of chilli...

I use steak just prefer it to mince about 500grams cubed
1 Tbs sunflower oil use whatever you prefer 
lightly brown the meat and add 2 tsp of chilli powder less or more depending on amount of veg to add
1 heaped tsp ground cumin
cook off for a bit
add 11/2 large tin crushed tomatoes
1 good tsp salt
1-2 tsp sugar this all depends on your tomatoes acidity work to taste
200g sun dried tomatoes if you have them
1 tin red kidney beans
1 zuchini diced
big handful mushrooms diced
1 carrot diced
1 red capsicum diced
1 small red chilli if you have it deseeded
2 Tbs tomato paste
cook down for 1 hourish always taste before serving balance the acidity and salt
serve with sour cream and rice


3 comments:

  1. Yum, a bit of cumin in a chilli makes all the difference. Nice to see your sketchbook, sweet drawings. I keep thinking I should put one of my scrawls on. I don't draw enough so after seeing everybody else's sketching, I've been forcing myself to go out(weather permitting) onto the bench in my little workshop garden with a cup of tea, for ten minutes drawing every morning, it's so impotant isn't it? Have a funky weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep........that's the short answer......

    ReplyDelete