Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Monday 13 July 2015

let's start with exciting news...


Let's start with exciting news

I'm in the process of moving studio to the barossa!
having said that eeeek!!!

It's quite the change moving to The Jam Factory studio space at Seppeltsfield but it will be fabulous for workshops etc. Yep what you see above is where i'll be as of next week when all of the crates and ladders etc will be gone and we'll get some cleaning happening ;)

There's a couple of trusty kilns that need setting up and I'm waiting to see what happens re gas but it's a beauty of a solid brick kiln, wait til I get my hands on that ;)


and new 'fangled controllers' on which is mostly a manual kiln, yey!!


And an interlude of 'Mugs Day' at Milan Rouge CCD Stirling again this winter, unfortunately virus number 3 this season had me knocked out unable to make it but I hear it was a blast!




Also moving Studio Sale day at mine, was rather fabulous seeing so many old and new friends turning out this year. Thank you all for a fab day and hope to see you out at my new location. 
Let's get together and christen the new studio soon!



On to SALA works, held up again by the darned lung infection #2 my Sala efforts were delayed  and only got into the studio last wkd. Lucky for me the sun was shining and a great making / developing 3D tile works time was had. The practical side of developing new ideas takes quite the concentrated effort and finally by day #8 they are made, slipped, decoed and drying…The new processes are now stored for post firing analysis, what worked and what didn't. I've saved the pattern pieces and quite like the 'brick' forms that have resulted from this style of construction…
Thanks so much to Kevin's monster roller! better than a slab roller and my arms survived the workout ;)






At this point on saturday I brought everything inside as no way  was any drying going to happen in this weather. The hail came down along with the occasional downpour of the wet stuff! It snowed at Mt Lofty, usually an indicator of the coldest day in winter but we're not high enough for any retention of the white stuff, aside from the hail which hung around for ages here! Well the wares are drying nicely inside, I have a bisque kiln on firing Kevin's works for the pit firing, which means the kiln will be nice and warm for my loading works tomorrow. Anyhoo that's about it for news, no doubt posting from Seppeltsfield soon...



8 comments:

  1. what a big space in the new studio... loving those slab built pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis rather large and quite daunting at the mo Anna, here's hoping I come up with good ideas on the use of the space! wares drying pre fire loading tomorrow arvo ;) thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  2. How will you hang the new 3-d tiles? I can't wait to see them finished.
    Moving is exciting.
    Love from the usofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well 3D tile as in inspired by my tile works…they now have 4 sides, same body of clay, same techniques just 3D ;) hi M!!

      Delete
  3. lovin your new building, what a super space, can't wait to see your slab boxes fired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Linda, still getting my head around the space, a lot of workflow will be determined by kiln locations so that will be handy 😊 firing soon and all will be revealed by the wkd! Good to hear from yu

      Delete
  4. Whoohoo! Great studio space. Can't wait to see the boxes you've just made too. Whow, you've had the weather haven't you! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Barbara, cheers they're going into the kiln today! I'm hoping for something half decent if the firing is just right ;) Yes indeedy and as I look out the the window this morning it's all foggy out!! thanks for dropping by

      Delete