Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Monday 1 December 2014

epic...

Are yu ready for an epic post???

I have 20mins up my sleeve so here goes…

yesterday's firing and printing went well and even had a mo in the cool of the evening to get some pavers relaid after the not so handy handy man botch job! mr not so handy laid pavers that are so higgledy piggledy that they had to come up. I am still sifting the sand out of the pebbles that he buried, no idea what was going on there! so now back to plan b which is to lay less pavers and use pebbles for a more natural look with interspersed grasses, should be lovely :)
now back to the studio -  lil birdie is back on the studio set list, check out my instagram feed for loads of studio pics…



fri night's trim session started with blood spillage as I took a chunk outa my finger… my brilliant throwing stool really needs repairs, it needs gluing together as I managed to pinch my finger in the chair leg…so 'blood rule' get outa the studio, clean up the mess and bandaid all together and back to it…. blood soaked bandaid and all coz the trimming must happen!! we have a deadline here people :P

Ooh also I have a fab new humidycrib for my pots, it's a massive ikea shallow tub with lid and it works a treat keeping pots damp pre trimming. I just kept some wet newspaper in there when things were drying out.

Last wkd was the installation of Material World in the forest above gallery1855, a photo shoot that lasted all day despite the downpour, complete with lightning and thunder!  I dashed home for a brolley and completed the day with intermittent runs down to the gallery to hide from said storm :P

Was a fun day and the show continues for another week yet.





I went off to Melbourne a couple of wkds ago for a much needed break and hung out with claysista Adriana Christianson we toured melbs to the max. I did the Ian Potter gallery and Craft on friday after making the airport dash friday morning yes I literally ran for the plane!! Sat & Sun we visited Sue Acheson, cone 11 ceramics and Zac Chalmers, Jane Annois,  Sandra Bowkett and Mon checked out the Box Hill arts centre where AC works, brilliant space! then off to Melbs again for a wander and the National gallery before back home. Epic truly epic, our hosts were just lovely…more tea?! #melbs4wk thanks Adriana for such a fab and whirlwind tour!!!!





and no we aint finished yet….
attached are several studio videos, coz im all about process…head over to my youtube channel for more videos too you'll find me as angwadesign previous bizzo name :P anyhoo blog on and chat soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment