Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Friday 6 May 2011

to market.. to market...

 After such a whirl wind tour of 'the States' last month it's time to refocus on my work and getting it around town successfully.. so yesterday I embarked on a little marketing day.. Loaded up with some new additions for the Urban Cow Studio I headed into town dropping off a tea set for a photo shoot for 'Attitude magazine' a local free mag all about style in town.... After leaving some new wares including the red stripes dippy bowls and some wee raku pots I headed off to wander around town and look for prospective places to approach for my work..
Followed by a trip to central market and on a cheese hunt!!! Found some great cheeses and happy with that  off to the chinese supermarket to stock up on spices for cook ups :)) mmmm what a great shop they even had the lil cooking pots that we ate from in the vietnamese restaurant with ron!! such a cool flash back to that dinner and so yummy must write that meal down and have a go at making it, it was awesome...

 

Then off to the Terrace where Graham is holding an interiors expo this month, so exciting I dropped in some of my larger wall tiles before going away and luckily he loves them as do I some of the gorgeous new old sanded back teak furniture they have in at the mo mmmmmm... So that's next wednesday the opening and I'm hoping to make it for that it will be great to get some feedback on these pieces as they look great with the rustic furniture...

 

So into the studio today....I'm inspired to get sorted out and get making, I had a chat with my electrician last night about a prospective electric kiln hook up and what thats going to take and hmmm what do i need to sell to get one :P and a great visit from my bud kevin too looking at extending my gas kiln vertically...

yep a good day....

8 comments:

  1. Nice. I am still "getting sorted out" myself. It always seems to become clear when it is time to sleep. WHY? but all good. LOVE those tiles.... and that piece above!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are getting back to normal. I have had my marketing hat on today too, trying to think through where I should be selling work and working on getting it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are obviously back in the flow. :) That raku piece is so so sweet! Speaking of sweet I enjoyed some Rum Raisin ice cream last night in your beautiful tea bowl gift. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey judi dont know why that is.... quite often i wake up with my head buzzing with stuff what to do where to start !!!! cheers :)) you've inspired me in the tile direction....

    hey trying to trace... in fact trying to step it up with direction and marketing really...you go girl that last show setup was a treat!!!

    hey becky thanks!!that seems to be a popular choice for my wee bowls, ice cream that is :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those handles are fantastic! love those cups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Linda, love your blog I dashed over this morning! I'll be back for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ang, love your tiles, this one is beautiful. guess it's good to be back on your side of the earth

    ReplyDelete
  8. howdy jim....cheers it's one of my favs and a decent size too :)) ahhh yes when the money runs out ya gotta head home!!!

    ReplyDelete