Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Friday 28 June 2013

breaking up is hard to do...

Snort....just kidding! Although I will admit to separation anxiety prior to this months market day, my usual market buddy had a sicky this month so mucho grande head space arranging needed to happen before sunday..... As it was a wild and windy day in Stirling a fair amount of hangin on to the gazebo was called for! And a lovely day with copious amounts of visitors which was just brilliant and I really didn't have a moment to myself til after lunch but that soon passed. Considering the crowd sparcity it was a good day and of course being well prepared with loads of clothing layers!! After experiencing too many frozen days I'm getting smarts about these winter days :))

My compressed market setup piccies, new mini tiles, stock of lil birdie and a smattering of new raku and some Obvara. Last week my fello Obvaries and I had a group burn at Annas place..and what a lovely day, the vids below.




And getting a couple of hours studio time to fill up the kiln again for my next Tagine firing. Gas delivery ordered for next week so weather  willing I can get these guys through the kiln asap. That last bunch of shino mugs inspired me, narrow necks and a slight tapering, oooh and a batch of teapots hiding under plastic somewhere.....mmm noice. So excited to hear a little package of one of those mugs made it to Melbourne safely today, happy cuppa time Georgia!!




And dont forget Mug Day is back! Milan Rouge this Sunday 30th June. Head on up the freeway it's the first set of shops at the roundabout.





7 comments:

  1. I love mug day. We have talked about doing that here, free mug, expensive coffee. Your pots look grand. We are doing some sweating here. And rain, goodness, the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of obvara firing, had to look it up. I'm not sure if I like the surface or not, I think it might grow on me, might have to give it a try... I do love the shape of those tapered mugs though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey M, I think you should go really boutique and have fancy coffee!! with spicy chocolate double mmmmm! stay cool chief :))

    trace you would not believe the surface I got last firing, always different and very ink blot! I reckon you'd enjoy it :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ang, i had about 17 times my usual dose of caffeine today as i had to keep trying out my new shino mug! lovely to see your pics of your stall. just wondering, how do your raku pieces sell at markets? it takes me ages to handbuild and fire my stuff so a regular market wouldn't be much use to me (i'd have like three things to sell at any given time) but i guess it's something i'd like to consider at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey georgia, oops caffeine overload! raku goes ok at market but they are small pieces ...I guess you need to think about where you see your work fitting is it more gallery/shop work then aim in that direction.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, I did some reading, seems simple enough, wouldn't hurt to give it a go now would it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Trace, have a play there's lots you can do with it, pour. dribble, dip!! try it not so hot you'll get darker results, the hotter the pot the softr the results, have fun chickie xx

      Delete