Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Wednesday 24 June 2009

cone 6 results


here we go the results from multiple testings..the magnesium extreme from the clay club with our local ingredients...the rotating glaze from greg daly book and a little crimson test at c6..

a couple of faux chuns and a celedon, some old blue test with the magnesium extreme over..


there are a couple that will be good to use straight away, I'd also like to make the magnesium a little dryer and will have to look back at my cone 9 tests to see how to do that, unless anyone has a suggestion...

the decal firing was about 6 hours to 800 deg C in the little ward kiln, I'll crack that one by the wkd.. along with the cone 6 which was way too hot but i wanted to look at the tiles and they were accessible front and top..






















7 comments:

  1. nice to see all the test results, there's some nice combos with that crawly glaze over the top. is this all oxidation (electric)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure is, all from the same load as my teapots and mostly a raw fire load which from my peek this afternoon looks really nice.. yeh, some of the combos are perfect for my tiles.. better get on the cc shows in august..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a good job of testing! I LOVE the turquoise in the lower image -lovely. I can see some of these on your cool wall tiles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cindy, yeh that one is interesting, the magnesium glaze has helped the turquoise 'float' acted like a tin addition but more fluid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of testing you have done. I like the crawley ones and the crimson is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi linda, yes the magnesium one is from the clay club blog, worth trying as i want to bring my cone 9 glazes down to 6..and i love the crawl look..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been heavy imersed in playing with a Mag cone 6 glaze for the past 6 months. I'd happily share notes...

    ReplyDelete