Follow Me on Pinterest

tag

Wednesday 8 October 2008

rollin, rollin, rollin











































Here's the process wack a bag full of clay on the slab roller and smash all the agro out of it with a wooden mallet, rather fun really.. I'm using the original mock drawing pattern to trace from and the weather is fairly mild at the mo so I should be ok to get this table marked out and cut over this week.. I'm weighting the tiles down under ware boards as it dries and shrinks pre decoration this part is very important to keep the tiles flat during the drying stage. More this weekend....

6 comments:

  1. Hey Ang, I'm going to be working on a tile project with a friend this fall so it's fun for me to see what you're up to there. I've never done anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the process - I want one of those big mallets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, in England the Fall is when youv'e just drunk 6 pints of Stella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your work, and shrinkage calculations and everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey C, i took some shots of that great mallet today will post soon.. yes you absolutely need one!

    Paul you nutter who is stella?? anything to do with street car named desire? and why is she giving you 6 pints????

    hi bibbi, yeh thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled for your project too..

    ReplyDelete